|The Whine Cellar|
November 14, 1994
Main Cast Edit
- Fran Drescher as Fran Fine
- Lauren Lane as C.C. Babcock
- Daniel Davis as Niles
- Charles Shaughnessy as Maxwell Sheffield
- Nicolle Tom as Margaret Sheffield
- Benjamin Salisbury as Brighton Sheffield
- Madeline Zima as Grace Sheffield
Recurring Cast Edit
- Renee Taylor as Sylvia Fine
- Ann Morgan Guilbert as Yetta Rosenberg
- Rachel Chagall as Valerie "Val" Toriello
- Morty Drescher as Uncle Stanley
Guest Cast Edit
- Chris Brandi as Cousin Irvie
Quotes and Trivia Edit
Brighton: This will be a great party. A bunch of 60-year-old ladies pinching my cheeks.
Maggie: Learn to love it. That's as close to a woman as you'll ever get.
(Fran and C.C. are locked in a wine cellar and no one knows they're there. Fran is screaming for help)
C.C.: Save it. No one's going to hear you. This was originally built as a bomb shelter.
Fran: Hey! Don't underestimate the power of these adenoids. I once had next door neighbors that moved closer to the airport!
Sylvia: If it's on a toothpick, it's not fattening.
Yetta: (After being told the party is for her daughter's 50th birthday) 50?! She's got brassieres older than that. If she's 50, I'm... What do you know? She's 50.
Fran: Gee, this room is very small, isn't it?
C.C.: Why, are you claustrophobic?
Fran: Great, now you put it in my head! And I'm reliving... Loehmann's - dressing room - BIG sale! 200 naked women all screaming "WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT?!" I was clinging to my mother's girdle! Dimples, dimples, everywhere! And not one on a face! And then, and then... and then... (C.C. slaps her)
Fran: Look! An alarm box! If we cut the wires, maybe we can trip the system, and the cops will come and find us! What do you have?
C.C.: Nail clippers! (Fran cuts the wire, but the fan motor dies)
Fran: Either that alarm is way too subtle, or I cut the fan off, and now we can't breathe! Oh, by the way... (slaps C.C.)
C.C.: What'd you do that for?
Fran: Weren't you hysterical?
Fran: Oh, my mistake!
(Maxwell comes home to find Sylvia's birthday party in full swing)
Maxwell: Good Lord!
Niles: (after inhaling helium from a balloon he was holding) What are you doing home?
Maxwell: What is going on here? Look at this place; where's Miss Fine?
Niles: Oh, she's missing?
Niles: Keep your voice down sir, I don't want to alarm anyone
Maxwell: This is very strange, Niles. Miss Babcock's gone missing too!
Niles: (lets his balloon loose so it shoots upward) YIPPEE!!!!!!!!
(Fran and the kids are decorating for Sylvia's birthday party)
Brighton: (after inhaling helium from a balloon) Hello, my name is Maggie Sheffield and I'm a total geek!
Maggie: You are so immature!
Fran: (with a helium voice)
Yeah, Brighton, you're so immature! (Fran laughs)
Fran: Ya know, next year, I think we should invest in a new "Happy 50th" banner. This one says "Vote Dukakis" on the back.
(she and her mother laugh)
- At the end of the episode, when Yetta says "Thank you for a lovely evening," look near the middle of the living room-a cast or crew member is seen walking through there. It can't be Maxwell, and it can't be Niles - he went through the hallway
- When Sylvia comes over while practicing for her "surprise" party, you can clearly see Sylvia through the door windows while the doorbell rings. Yet her arms never move, making it impossible for her to have rung the doorbell (unless it's automatic . . .)