|Smoke Gets in Your Lies|
November 10, 1993
Main Cast Edit
- Fran Drescher as Fran Fine
- Lauren Lane as C.C. Babcock
- Daniel Davis as Niles
- Charles Shaughnessy as Maxwell Sheffield
- Nicolle Tom as Margaret Sheffield
- Benjamin Salisbury as Brighton Sheffield
- Madeline Zima as Grace Sheffield
Recurring Cast Edit
- Renee Taylor as Sylvia Fine
- Ann Morgan Guilbert as Yetta Rosenberg
- Rachel Chagall as Valerie "Val" Toriello
Guest Cast Edit
- Blanche Rubin as Old Lady
- Michael McCarthy as Assistant
- Esther Lapiduss as Auditioner
- Jonathan Baker as Composer
- Carol Channing as Herself
- Timothy Thompson as Pianist
Fran: (to Brighton) Honey, I am so far ahead of you, we're in different time zones.
(The doorbell rings at the Sheffield mansion)
Fran: Oh, that's Val. You know, it's her first time to the mansion and she's my best friend, so I just want her to drop dead.
Niles: How thoughtful. I'll leave, you pose.
(as Niles gets and opens the door, Fran strikes a pose for Val)
Val: (with a look of amazement on her face as she enters the mansion) I'm droppin' dead.
Niles: (to Fran) Mission accomplished.
(Maxwell and Fran are talking alone)
Maxwell: Brighton's mother was the only one who could handle him. They had a special kind of relationship... He feared her!
Fran: He's gonna fire me. I'd fire me. Just when I figured out the bidet is not a water fountain.
Maggie: Dad's too busy. He doesn't have time to spend with us.
Grace: Maybe Daddy's seeing other children!
(Fran and Maxwell are in the middle of an argument)
Fran: Well, it's very easy for you to find faults. You're off all day with the glamorous theater people while I'm stuck at home working like a dog raising the kids.
Maxwell: You're the nanny. It's your job.
Fran: (exasperated) Well, you're the father, it's your job too... (lowering her voice and looking down) Mr. Sheffield, sir.
Maxwell: Go to your room. (looking at Fran)Yes, you.
Fran: (to Niles) Can you believe he sent me to my room?! He is so adorable sometimes.
Brighton: Hey, Maggs, wow! You look really beautiful.
Brighton: And, nothing...You look really good!
Maggie: Shut up, Brighton!
Fran: Why are you being so nice to your sister? Who'd you kill?
Brighton: Why does everyone assume the worst of me?
Fran: It saves time.