|Everybody Needs a Bubby|
September 26, 1994
Main Cast Edit
- Fran Drescher as Fran Fine
- Lauren Lane as C.C. Babcock
- Daniel Davis as Niles
- Charles Shaughnessy as Maxwell Sheffield
- Nicolle Tom as Margaret Sheffield
- Benjamin Salisbury as Brighton Sheffield
- Madeline Zima as Grace Sheffield
Recurring Cast Edit
- Renee Taylor as Sylvia Fine
- Ann Morgan Guilbert as Yetta Rosenberg
- Rachel Chagall as Valerie "Val" Toriello
Guest Cast Edit
- Ralph Manza as Saul Kanasal
Quotes and Trivia Edit
Maxwell: Please, Miss Fine. I'm just not in the mood.
Fran: Gee, no man has ever said that to me before. Although, I'm sure Lisa Marie is getting an earful of it.
(Maxwell and Fran catch Yetta and Saul in bed together)
Fran: Oh my God! Yetta!
Yetta: What a coincidence, Saul said the same thing not 10 minutes ago.
Brighton: You know, Yetta turns out to be pretty cool. She gave me a hundred bucks for my bar mitzvah. Of course, she also thinks my name is Schmuey.
C.C.: Maxwell, have I ever told you how much I love working out of the house? I feel I belong here. And the children are really warming up to me.
(Phone rings, C.C. answers)
C.C.: Hello! No, there's no Maggie here, you have the wrong number.
Yetta: (commenting on Brighton and Grace) These kids. They got nothing from you!
Sylvia: Mom, these aren't Fran's children. Fran doesn't have any children. She's not married. SHE'S ALL ALONE!!!
Fran: Louder, Ma. I don't think they heard you IN URUGUAY!!!
Sylvia: Meanwhile, why doesn't anyone ever eat these fruits?
Fran: BECAUSE THEY'RE WAX!!!
Yetta: Even the grapes?
C.C.: There is nothing you can say to ruin this glorious feeling that I have.
Niles: You wanna bet?
Niles: Grandma Yetta, aged 80, living in a home, got a heap 'o good loving last night... And you?
C.C.: I HATE MY LIFE!!!
Maxwell: Well, Miss Fine, it's seems I've underestimated your booby.
Fran: That's Bubbe. Nobody's ever underestimated MY boobies.
- In this episode, Fran reminds Yetta that her grandfather got carried away by the Cossacks, but in "Yetta's Letters," Yetta says she didn't even meet Fran's grandfather until she emigrated to the US.